Thursday 22 September 2011

FORD MUSTANG


A challenge gets you to work harder.
          For me ,it was really a challenge to draw 1969's FORD MUSTANG as it is difficult to draw the shining material like metal and glasses.I am really slow at my work so it took me around 5 days to complete it. I also learned to slow down even more to get those textures just right.


          Patience is the key that works for most all things in life so yes it does pay off!  Drawing in the style of realism can take countless hours, so one needs a great amount of patient to do the work well! 


 When I'm drawing I try to capture true life as we see and know it.  Working slowly on tiny details is my favorite part of drawing. 
         All the shining stuff in the Mustang took a lot of time. I look forward to seeing the drawing progress, but I also know that by working on a small area at a time I am able to focus much better.  So for me the beauty of the finished drawing is always in sight while working on tiny details. 
But this kind of stuff to focus on small things frustrates me a lot. At that time should i stop drawing or just complete it. This crossroad has happened to me many times.  Sometimes I succeed in walking away, other times I don't.  What is happening in that moment of frustration, at least one possibility--we are too "close" to the work, literally and emotionally.  Our left brain, with its specialty in technical skills, may have become too engaged in what it thinks "should" be happening, and is failing to let the painting create its own unique possibilities. 
         What do you do when you're feeling frustrated with something that's happening in the midst of your painting?  The best suggestion I have, stop right there and step back. Leave the sketch alone for a few hours or a few days. Work on a different painting or sketch, or do something entirely different, and come back to it when you and your eyes are fresh again, and see what you think.


"Weblog-iFest2011"

No comments:

Post a Comment